Dallas women do love a handbag. Sure, it’s an accessory, but it’s also that mini-lifesaver for the day’s necessities like lipstick, credit cards and cell phones. Why, there are women who would rather gain five pounds than lose their purse!
That’s why the April 19th Heroes & Handbags at the Omni Dallas from 9:30 to noon is shaping up to be such a hit. Heroes for Children Co-founder Larissa Linton just sent word that they’ve got “almost 200 handbags in and are hoping to have around 250!!! (Lots of last minute donations rolling in!)”
And if this is your first purse rodeo, you need to know these handbags are not former KMART red light specials. Want proof? Of course you do. According to Larissa, “Some of our top bags include:
- 2 amazing Nancy Gonzalez bags donated from Neiman Marcus downtown
- A Vintage Louis Vuitton Epi Bag from Heritage Auction Gallery
- A Celine top spring bag from Bergdorf Goodman NYC
- A VBH bag, handmade in Italy
- A Judith Lieber bag from Bachendorfs
- A Bvlgari overnight duffle including a night at the Four Seasons and $500 NorthPark Gold!
- Also, Elaine Turner once again will have a fabulous spring boutique, featuring 15 of her beautiful bags!
She also strongly indicates that there will be some surprises in store, but she ain’t talking details.
This year’s raffle will be for a wine tasting trip in Napa and a Jimmy Choo handbag from Stanley Korshak.
BTW, don’t leave your trusty cell-/smart-phone at home. It’s extremely useful when it comes to bidding at this auction and raising money for Heroes for Children.
Also, you don’t have to be a female to be a “hero.” A smart gent, who wants to impress the lady in his life, might want to join the fun and pick up a purse for her.