Stanley Korshak’s Crawford Brock and Mother Nature have been negotiating the weather for tomorrow’s St. Valentine’s Day Luncheon & Fashion Show. At last report they compromised. Mother Nature agreed to
- not drop temperatures to freezing and
- keep any and all snow and ice out of the area
However, she couldn’t resist the urge to let her presence be known. So she’s threatening to rain tomorrow morning. Luckily, since it’s only rain, a nice bumbershoot and/or fashionable raincoat might be accessories du jour.
As for the temperature, it will be hovering around 47 degrees. Just the right temperature to wear that delicious winter outfit that has been languishing in the closet during the recent warm spell.
According to the St. V-day Co-chairs Angela Choquette, Maggie Cooke Kipp and Paige Slates, the rain just might be history by the time the show is over. That means the attendees will have no problemo hopping in their cars and driving over to Korshak to exercise their shopping muscles.
- Do not go the Hilton Anatole like years past. Head to the Meyerson.
- Organizers are emphasizing the start time is early — 9:45 a.m. So set those alarm clocks a smidge bit early and get there around 9:30.
- Bring your best luck and buy a raffle ticket or two or three.
If you even think about not attending because of the weather, remember the event’s purpose. It’s to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of North Texas. Patients suffering from this blood disorder face a heck of lot more than raindrops in their battle against the cruel disease.