As part of the National Endowment for the Arts’ new Mayors’ Institute on City Design 25th Anniversary (MICD25), the Dallas CityDesign Studio was awarded $100,000.
A total of $3 million was given through the MICD25 to cities that focus on supporting creative spaces that contribute toward the livability of communities and help transform sites into lively, beautiful and sustainable places with arts at their core.
Created through a donation by Deedie and Rusty Rose in 2009, Dallas CityDesign has focused on connecting the the city of Dallas back to the Trinity River through various programs.
“The format of the Dallas CityDesign Studio, the programs it is implementing and the award of the $100,000 grant from this preeminent organization are an affirmation of the important work the studio is planning that will affect design in all areas of the City,” said Deedie.
Not to brag or anything, but it appears that Dallas was the only Texas city to receive this first-time award created by NEA Chairman Rocco Landesman.Want proof? Check the list of recipients:
- Greensboro (Greensboro, NC) — $100,000
- Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County (Winston-Salem, NC) — $200,000
- ArtsQuest (Bethlehem, PA) — $200,000
- City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs (Chicago, IL) — $250,000
- City of Dallas CityDesign Studio (Dallas, TX) — $100,000
- City of Kent Arts Commission (Kent, WA) — $25,000
- City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs (Los Angeles, CA) — $100,000
- City of Madison (Madison, WI) — $50,000
- City of Memphis (Memphis, TN) — $225,000
- City of Oakland Cultural Arts & Marketing Division (Oakland, CA) — $200,000
- City of Phoenix Office of Arts and Culture (Phoenix, AZ) — $25,000
- City of Rochester Department of Recreation (Rochester, NY) — $250,000
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI) — $50,000
- Horace Bushnell Memorial Corporation (The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts in Hartford, CT) — $250,000
- Hudson Yards Development Corporation (New York, NY) — $100,000
- Indianapolis Museum of Art (Indianapolis, IN) — $200,000
- Lafayette College (Easton, PA) — $200,000
- New Jersey Community Development Corporation (Paterson, NJ) — $100,000
- Public Corporation for the Arts of the City of Long Beach (Arts Council for Long Beach in Long Beach, CA) — $25,000
- San Francisco Arts Commission (San Francisco, CA) — $250,000
- Shreveport Regional Arts Council (Shreveport, LA) — $100,000