Did you know Aetna and the Aetna Foundation in 2009 awarded 27 community grants and sponsorships in North Texas totaling $338,000? While their primary focus was on disease prevention, obesity and health screening, they didn’t leave other needy groups out.
Out of the $24M awarded nationally by the Aetna Foundation, the following North Texas groups received grants from Aetna and its employees:
- $75,000 to the American Heart Association;
- $25,000 to the American Diabetes Association Inc.,
- $25,000 to the Dallas Concilio of Hispanic Service Organizations,
- $15,000 to the Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS (DIFFA),
- $10,000 to the Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and
- $5,000 to the Back to School Round-Up.
Also, receiving Aetna grants or sponsorships were [Read more…]