Despite the chill provided by the seasons first cold front, it was nice and warm with cocktails, food, beautiful peeps and loads of art up for bid over at F.I.G. Here’s a field report:
“Art for Advocacy, an auction benefiting the Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center (DCAC), highlighted the unique role art therapy plays in healing the child abuse victims served at DCAC. The sold-out fundraiser, themed “Departure,” brought together more than 800 art enthusiasts, young professionals, and supporters. They were welcomed into a ‘desert chic’ space complete with top shelf margaritas and Texas tapas while the James Gabriano Trio played Spanish tunes.
“Sponsors at the $2500 level and up had the chance to purchase pieces at the buy-it-now price before doors officially opened to the rest of the crowd with more than a quarter of the work going for buy-it-now. The evening featured a silent art auction and live auction featuring the works of Ricardo Paniagua, Lekha Singh and Alexander Mijares. In total, the event netted more than $435,000 in support of the art therapy program and other crucial services for child abuse victims at the Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center.
“Event Co-Chairs Stephanie and John Roberts, Honorary Co-Chairs Kara and Randall Goss, Underwriting Co-Chairs Judee and Chad Barrett, Art Chair Ashley Tatum and Friday Roundup Chair Nancy Cohen Israel each contributed to the success of the record-breaking event. Later in the evening, guests enjoyed a surprise performance by The Polyphonic Spree and gathered on the dance floor to the beats of DJ S.O.U.L.Jah.
“Since 2007, ART for ADVOCACY has raised more than $2.5 million to support DCAC’s work in improving the lives of abused children in Dallas County and providing national leadership on child abuse issues. The Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center’s therapy program uses art therapy to help children on their journey to hope and healing.
“Top Sponsors include:
- “Presenting Sponsor – U.S. Risk Insurance Group Inc. and Kara and Randall Goss;
- “Director – Fashion Industry Gallery (F.I.G.);
- “Patron – Al G. Hill Jr., The Martha and Don Miller Family and TurningPoint Foundation;
- “Collector – Ace Tree Service Inc., Allie Beth Allman and Associates, Dina and Jason Arnott, Judee and Chad Barrett, Beyond Pedaling, Colliers International, Christine and Mark Danuser, Catie and Aaron Enrico, Lara and Stephen Harrison, JW Homes, Selwyn Rayzor and Rich Moses, Y-C Nursery, Kerry and Don Peterson, Cindy and Howard Rachofsky, Jenny and Adam Saphier, Tatum Art Advisory, T. C. Lupton Jr. Family Foundation, Helena and Doug Wall, Weedex Inc. and Westcott Foundation;
- “Advocate – American Bank of Commerce, April Anthony, The Boundless Collection, Gail and Chris Bedford, Dr. Sami Arslanlar and John Clutts, Allyson and David Cooke, Digital Realty, Miller Egan LLP, Mr. and Mrs. Chris Floyd, Dawn and Bill Hennessey, Michelle and Austin Hopper, Christi and Warren Houser, Lauren Soulis and Robert W. Ivey III, Kathi and Tom Lind, Camille and Marlon McMakin, MassMutual Dallas – Fort Worth, NexBank, Perry, Schlegel Kloewer Real Estate Group, Rent-A-Center, Rachel and Dr. Hampton Richards, Ginny and Conner Searcy, Caroline and Chris Settle, Gail and Dan Settle, Anne and Steve Stodghill, Sarah and Russell Weinberg, Wick Phillips and Winstead PC.
“In-Kind Sponsors include:
- “Auction Sponsor – Heritage Auctions;
- “Catalogue Sponsor – Belanger Art Methods;
- “Cocktail Sponsor – Republic National Distributing Company;
- “Décor Sponsor – Suite 206;
- “Fashion Sponsor – Forty Five Ten;
- “Framing Sponsor – Debra Stevens Custom Framing;
- “Host Sponsor – F.I.G. (Fashion Industry Gallery);
- “Installation Sponsor – Martin&Martin Design;
- “Media Sponsor – FD;
- “Printing Sponsor – Millet the Printer;
- “Valet Sponsor – Gold Crown.”
* Photos provided by Dallas Children's Advocacy Center