Raffles are funny things. Folks buy a chance to support the fundraising effort and discount the idea of winning anything. Then they hear their name called and they’re shocked.
A couple of years ago, a gent, who swore he never ever won anything, had his ticket drawn for a five-figure debit card. Needless to say, his Christmas gifts shopping list for family and friends was over the top and it didn’t hurt his wallet one iota.
That’s why raffles are so much fun.
One of the annual fav raffles is held at Cattle Baron’s Ball each year. Those gals muster up the most incredible items that require no bidding, just one ticket to score. The raffle Co-Chairs Carolyn Goelzer, Terra Najork and Missy Wyszynski have just revealed the slew of items that will be up for raffling on Saturday, October 3, at Gilley’s.
Only problem is trying to pick which one to take a chance on. Ah, shucks, that’s not a problem — buy one or two or three raffle tickets for each item!
Here’s the rundown:
CAR RAFFLE TICKET: $100 EACH OR 6 FOR $500
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK Roadster or ML Sport Utility (Estimated value: $55,000) — You will win big whether you chose the SLK Roadster which is shaped by racing heritage and wraps purebred performance in perfectly proportioned muscle OR the ML Sport Utility Vehicle which ruggedly delivers the balance of luxury, performance, comfort and safety. Donated by: Park Place Motorcars
$25 RAFFLE TICKET ($25 EACH OR 5 FOR $100 – CAN BE SOLD IN ANY COMBINATION)
- PlainsCapital Bank $10,000 Debit Card (Value: $10,000 debit card) — Buy a ticket for a chance to win a $10,000 debit card from Dallas-based PlainsCapital Bank, one of the largest banks founded and headquartered in Texas. PlainsCapital specializing in meeting the unique needs of high-net-worth individuals and middle- market businesses, including commercial real estate, treasury management and wealth management services. Donated by PlainsCapital Bank
$10,000 Personal Shopping Experience at Highland Park Village (Value: $10,000) — The lucky winner will revel in the attention and professional guidance of the Highland Park Village Personal Shopper, who will coordinate a $10,000 shopping spree at Highland Park Village, the premier venue for upscale shopping and dining in Dallas. Get the latest in high fashion from Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Chanel, Tory Burch, Stella McCartney, Harry Winston, James Perse, Peeper’s and many others. Donated by Highland Park Village
Eiseman Jewels And Rolex (Value: $10,000) — Eiseman Jewels and Rolex will “rock your wrist” with a new Rolex timepiece, the renowned symbol of performance and prestige for more than a century. Come shop Eiseman’s dedicated Rolex space with your $10,000 gift certificate and choose from an extensive selection of the latest timepieces for Barons and Baronesses. Donated by: Eiseman Jewels in NorthPark Center and Rolex
- Inspirato Luxury Vacation In Punta De Mita, Mexico (Value: $5,000) — One lucky winner will enjoy a 7-night Inspirato luxury vacation of their choice of a 3 or 4 bedroom “Signature Residence” luxury villa in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Trip includes personalized trip planning, daily housekeeping services and dedicated Inspirato concierge services from start to finish. Donated by: Inspirato
- Celine Handbag By Forty Five Ten (Value $4,250) — Forty Five Ten, Dallas’ premier boutique destination, is honored to donate a Goat Fur Mini Luggage handbag by French luxury brand Celine. Forty Five Ten houses a world class mix of the top collections for women, men and the home, all merchandised with its own distinct point-of-view. Donated by: Forty Five Ten
Now that you’re all hyped up on getting yourself some raffle tickets, here’s how to do it. You can either go online, or you can make a Cattle Baroness a very happy camper by buying one from her. If you don’t know one, just look around for the cutest gal with the biggest smile and a handful of raffle tickets.
* Photos and graphics provided by Cattle Baron's Ball