To kick off a brand new year of 365 days, the annual MySweet2018Goals series kicks off this week thanks to Donna Arp Weitzman and Herb Weitzman and Brent Christopher. Some goals will be funny; some will probably be impossible to achieve; some will be great food for thought. They keep coming in.
But what if during this year
- a cure for just one form of cancer was found
- first responders actually had a stay-at-home day because there were no incidents requiring them
- a local won a Pulitzer Prize
- having an animal was a privilege
- a diabetic never had to test their blood sugar again
- we aimed for the stars instead of selfies
- all museums had one free-admission day
- no parent had to have “a meeting” about their child
- hunger was replaced with fulfillment
- being color blind was more than a state of eyesight
- a vaccine was created for Alzheimer’s and other diseases
- nonprofits were overwhelmed with volunteers
- a child was born who could heal the discord of the ages
Sure, those are pretty hefty goals, but little goals eventually lead to bigger ones.