Hate loud music? Don’t always like the tune that the DJ is playing? Well, the Young Friends of Wilkinson Center came up with the perfect solution on Friday, September 11, at Candleroom. Here’s a report from the field about the second annual Silent Disco:
This event was the second annual Silent Disco event hosted by the Young Friends of Wilkinson Center.
We had 6 different DJ’s playing in two sets of three. From 10 p.m. -12 a.m. we had Bryan Turner, Eric Bodiwala and Shawn Prestridge and from 12 a.m. – 2 a.m. we had the following DJ’s: Luis Sanchez, DJ Feezy and Brady Urrunaga.
Each patron was given a set of headphones with three different frequencies and depending what frequency you picked the headphones would light up different colors. Each color corresponded to a DJ that was DJ-ing at that particular time. The reason it is called a Silent Disco is because there is no music playing in the background when you take your headphones off. We sold “Neon Gift bags” for $10 which most people bought upon entry. Each bag included two pairs of light up glow glasses, two glow necklaces, two glow bracelets and one glow cup to go with our theme “Neon Silent Disco.” There were neon fluorescent lights and neon colored tape decorating the venue. The Butchers Son food truck was also at our event just in case anyone got hungry and wanted to grab a quick bite.
Sponsors for this event included
- Yoozy, Dallas Executive Club, The Ailshire Family, Signature Baking Company, OJ DeSouza, Roberto Quiroz Mata, Candleroom and Full Spectrum Diagnostics.
- Photobooth Sponsor: KEOPIX
- Transportation Sponsor: OneRide
The evening’s 11 raffle items were:
- Beyond the Velvet Rope – Private Event at Candleroom (Value: $7,500) Package includes Free Rental of the Entire Venue, Complimentary Valet and VIP table with complimentary Bottle of Premium Liquor and House Champagne for the host. Minimum 50 guests. Reservations required in advance. Not valid during Special Events or Holidays. No cash value. Does not include gratuity. Expires March 30th, 2015.
- Beyond the Velvet Rope – VIP Table Reservation at Candleroom (Value: $750) Package includes Free VIP Table Reservation, Complimentary Valet and a complimentary Bottle of Premium Liquor and House Champagne. Minimum 8 Guests. Reservations required in advance. Not valid during Special Events or Holidays. No cash value. Does not include gratuity. Expires December 30th, 2014.
- Custom-made sport coat from Knot Standard. (Donation value: $700.00)
- Yves Delorme for a mohair throw. (Value: $480)
- Gift basket from Chocolate Secrets filled with chocolate, wine and champagne. (Value: $250)
- Package from BeGlammed. Gift card redeemable for one Glam Package, which includes a full-face makeup application and either a blowout or an updo from one of our expert stylists, who come directly to you! (Value: $150)
- Two $50-cards to Chamberlains steak house, two $50-cards to Chamberlains Seafood, $100-gift-card to The Woolworth and $100-gift-card to So&So’s
- Shinola Women’s Runwell watch with a blue face. (Value: $550)
- Mug Mule Package — Two copper mugs, two copper shot glasses, ginger beer and vodka
- Two Dallas Cowboys tickets to the game Dallas Cowboys-Giants
- Dinner for two people at Twenty Seven with Chef Dat. (Value: $200)
Tickets were $35 for Young Friend members and $45 for non-members. Each ticket included one complimentary drink ticket, one complimentary raffle ticket and headphones. Candleroom graciously donated their venue for us to host the event.
* Photo credit: George Fiala