Last year a new fundraiser was held that surprised guests. It was totally fun. With area smartie pants competing against students, the audience had a great time seeing the kids do nicely and the adult contestants grateful that they weren’t still in school.
The event was “Are You Smarter Than A KIPPster?”
Evidently, organizers decided to pit the two groups against each other for an encore on Thursday, April 30, at Frontiers of Flight Museum.
Event Chair Lindsey Billingsley has arranged for the following grown-ups to match their gray matter with middle-school students:
- Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins,
- Pastor Bryan Carter,
- Educate Texas COO George Tang,
- the Honorable Florence Shapiro,
- Dallas Country Treasurer/the Honorable Pauline Medrano,
- Reel FX Animation Chairman/CEO Steve O’Brien,
- business consultant Bernice J. Washington,
- Billingsley Company Partner Lucy Billingsley,
- Montrose Capital President Will Rose and
- DJ/philanthropist Lucy Wrubel.
In addition to watching the panelists compete, there’s a cocktail reception, dinner and a live auction for a 7-night Mediterranean yachting voyage for two.
But even if there weren’t those perks, the fun of watching “those-in-the-know” not know is hilarious. Talk about being unscripted.
Tickets start at $150 and benefit KIPP DFW’s “mission of providing children in underserved communities with a free, rigorous, high-quality education that offers the knowledge, skills and character traits necessary to thrive in school, college and the competitive world beyond.”