According to Barb Christian,
“Many conscientious donors are currently looking for last-minute charity candidates for 2012. The Greyhound Adoption League of Texas (GALT)is the charity for you!
“GALT meets your toughest requirements:
- 501(c) (3) organization with experienced Board and strong volunteer base. GALT has a proven track record of responsible financial stewardship. Dedicated volunteers foster greyhounds in their homes and showcase available greys in local pet stores every week.
- Commitment to financial transparency, as evidenced by theGuidestar Exchange Seal. All donations directly cover tightly-controlled medical and boarding expenses.
- Designation as a 2012 Top-Rated Non-Profit byGreatNonProfits– and recognition as one of the Top Five Volunteer Opportunities in Dallas. In addition, GALT was honored by a respected peer group — Greythound Guardians, Inc. — with a 2012 Greythound Guardian Angel Award.
- Willingness to assist any greyhound – regardless of origin, age or medical needs — and place them in loving homes. GALT accepts former racing greyhounds, older greys from breeding/training farms, strays and owner returns. GALT has also been instrumental in rescuing numerous greys from severe abuse/neglect situations.
- Strong proponent of responsible pet ownership, ensuring that every GALT grey is spayed or neutered and made available for adoption free of parasites or other health problems. In its 11-year history, GALT has placed over 2,100 greyhounds in loving homes by forging significant relationships with animal shelters, veterinarians, donors, volunteers and adopters.
“This all-volunteer group depends solely on donations to meet its goal of “No Grey Turned Away.” Won’t YOU help us continue this mission?”
Photo provided by Greyhound Adoption League of Texas