The Equest ponies just arrived at Communities Foundation of Texas for North Texas Giving Day. No, they’re not taking calls. They’re chomping down on the CFT’s grass.
But speaking of green, here’s a reminder: cash and checks won’t work today. You’ll need your credit card to make a donation on this mega day of fundraising. You can go online, call 214.346.5500 or drop by CFT to support one of a thousand participating nonprofits.
According to CFT’s Carol Goglia,
“North Texas Giving Day is well on its way, as of 10:42am we had more than 12,213 gifts and more than $6.3 Million. Our goal is to beat the $10.7 Million raised last year and we’re already close!”
Carol also sent along some fun facts about the day’s happenings:
- People donating from all around the world. First international gift came in at 7:30 from Austria! Now we have gifts from 43 states and 5 foreign countries.
- We are drawing “golden tickets” every hour-they will receive a $1,000 thanks to Communities Foundation of Texas.
- The 7am hour prize went to Heroes for Children!
- The 8am hour prize went to The Samaritan Inn!
- The 9am prize went to Feed by Grace!
- 1929th donation was to Dallas Symphony Orchestra. They will get $10,000 thanks to The Dallas Foundation
- 2012th donation was to United through Hope. They will get $10,000 thanks to The Dallas Foundation
Wouldn’t it fun to not only bust the goal, but to overwhelm the phone banks again!