Let’s have a reality check. Yes, it is raining. Do you hear thunder? No. Do you see a downpour? No. It’s just raining and there’s a good chance it’s going to continue tonight.
But is that gonna create a “remember when” situation? According to all . . . and we mean everyone from Cattle Baron’s co-chairs to valet. . . it is going to be a “wet and wild party” with Blake Shelton, food, beverages, auctions and fun without trauma and drama.
Yes, there will be mud. Want to know how much? Look out the window. How muddy is your yard? Yup, just enough that you might want to scrape it off your shoe.
For VIPs the Mark Chesnutt pre-gala party will be totally indoors (as originally planned) at the Southfork Convention Center. Following Mark’s performance, guests will be transported to the main party area.
Here are some tips for tonight:
- Clothes — Wear your fancy duds and a slicker. You can always dump the weather gear when you’re in the VIP Party, the silent auction tent, the tented Andrews Distribution Main Stage area and when it’s not drizzling.
- Foot gear — Boots were made for cancer-kicking and mud stomping. But take a second pair and a shopping bag but leave them in your vehicle. When you leave the party, throw your boots in that shopping bag and pull on your back-up shoes.
- Headwear — Save on the hairspray and leave the beehive hairdos at home for the night. Cowboy hats are going to be the hit of the night. Betcha you could find a nifty one at Pinto Ranch or Sheplers.
- The speed limits from I-75 to Southfork change faster than a model in a fashion show, so watch your foot on the pedal. The Parker County boys- and girls-in-blue will make sure that you stay under the limit.
- The I-75 and Parker Road construction is finally over. But watch it when you’re headed back to Dallas. Do not get in the far right lane on East Parker Road to access I-75 like years in the past. You’ll want to get in the far left lane that will seamlessly put you on the I-75 frontage road. Remember this or you’ll be grinding your pearly whites.
Under no circumstances:
- Forget your parking passes, table tickets and favor bag vouchers. In fact, be smart and put them in your car and/or purse right now.
- There is a rumor floating that Miranda Lambert just might join her husband Blake on stage. Checked with organizers and the word is, “Sorry, no.” Too bad, because Miranda is gonna miss a heck of a night!
Finally, yes, like we said earlier, “It is raining,” but it’s just raining. There are people who would love to be in the rain partying at Cattle Baron’s. Instead, they are in hospitals being treated for cancer. Your presence tonight will contribute to their healing and to the prevention of others having to suffer through cancer.