In making the rounds of area fundraisers tonight, there were all types of rumors floating about Saturday’s Cattle Baron’s Ball. So, let’s address some of the questions raised:
- Has the ball been moved indoors? No and yes. No, it’s still out in the open at Southfork, but there is this ginormous tent protecting 3,300 from Mother Nature’s tears.
- What do I need? Don’t forget your parking voucher, seating ticket and favor bag claim ticket. Don’t be like the female gritch, who threw a fit when the poor volunteers denied her a bag because she was without a ticket but “something special” and threw a legendary temper tantrum. Really!
- What should I wear? Check in with MySweetCharity. We’ll let you know if you need muck boots and slickers or just regular boots and country casual.
- “We’re debating. There are a couple of college football games that ‘he’ really wants to see.” Not to worry. The testosterone factor has been addressed and answered thanks to the AT&T Trophy Room. Every game imaginable will be broadcast in comfy surroundings with refreshments at his beck and call. Ah, come one. You know you don’t want to be his “beck-and-call girl.” Let someone else do the smile-wait-serve duties and you can head to the silent auction tent.
- “Is the entire ‘Dallas’ cast going to be there?” Nope. At last report, Larry Hagman (J.R. Ewing), Josh Henderson (John Ross Ewing) and Brenda Strong (Ann Ewing, Bobby’s current wife) just might be part of the crowd.
- “Can I still buy a ticket?” Does the Cattle Baron’s raise money to fight cancer? Heck, yes, on both accounts!