Last year’s TACA RBC Wealth Management Custom Auction Gala tried a little experiment. Instead of the traditional black tie, organizers tried going cocktail attire. It was indeed more comfortable, but there is something about black tie that makes diamonds and smiles sparkle.
“The performing arts play a huge role in our community – elevating Dallas as an artistic and cultural center,” said Jacquelin.
A part of the Proscenium, this heady event presented by ALON USA is not one of those gargantuan galas with thousands. No, it’s a smaller gathering with a fabulous seated dinner The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek under the direction of Executive Chef Bruno Davaillon. Guests are seated throughout the dining rooms and suites of The Mansion. It’s really rather glorious seeing all the performing-arts lovers dressed in their finest dining throughout the Mansion. For many it will be their first time to meet the Mansion’s new GM Christian Tavelli, who has been house hunting recently.
Following dinner all will gather in the Pavilion for a live auction of ten very special packages.
This year the ten “unique, one-of-a-kind” auction packages have been created by Auction Chair/TACA Board of Directors member Wanda Gierhart. And she knows “unique, one-of-a-kind” very well. After all, she’s The Neiman Marcus Group Senior VP/Chief Marketing Officer.
In the days leading up to the auction, MySweetCharity will do a countdown description of the packages, but here’s just a sampling of the trips that will be on the block that night:
- For lovers of Santa Fe and/or opera, there’s a “Glorious Weekend of Opera” for two couples. It will include two consecutive nights of performances by the renowned Santa Fe Opera. But it won’t be all listening to incredible voices. The winners will stay at the Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi and dine at The Compound.
- One couple will be win tickets to the 2013 Grammy Awards on February 10 in LA. When not hanging out with the kings and queens of music, they’ll be calling the Beverly Wilshire home.
- Everyone hears about inaugural flights, but who gets to be on board the exciting first flight? Well, the winning couple of this item will travel first-class on American Airlines’s brand-new Boeing 777′s inaugural flight to Sao Paulo on December 13.
“The gala kicks off a monumental fall performing arts season, and we greatly appreciate the support of all our generous contributors,” said Andy Teller, chairman of TACA’s Board of Directors and Senior Managing Director of RBC Wealth Management. “Proceeds from the evening’s festivities will benefit more than 40 dynamic and exciting cultural arts institutions.
“RBC Wealth Management has a longstanding commitment to investing in the quality of life in the communities in which we serve,” Teller continued.
Major sponsors include:
- Title Sponsor Proscenium ($100,000) — ALON USA
- Title Sponsor Custom Auction Gala ($50,000) — RBC Wealth Management
Major underwriters include:
- Diamond Sponsors ($50,000 and above) — Sewell Automotive Companies and Peggy and Carl Sewell
- Platinum Sponsors ($10,000 and above) — Simona Beal, Diane and Hal Brierley, Dallas Southwest Osteopathic Physicians, Barbara and Don Daseke, Haynes and Boone LLP and Todd Fiscus/Todd Events
- Gold Sponsors ($5,000 and above) — Shannon Brame, Faye C. Briggs, Marsha Cameron and Michael Halloran, Nancy and Clint Carlson and Gwen and Leldon Echols
- Silver Sponsors ($2,500 and above) — Lynn and Allan McBee, Laree Hulshoff and Ben Fischer, Carol and Don Glendenning / Locke Lord, Joni Kuhn and Deborah and James Nugent
- Event Host — Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
- Official Airline — American Airlines
- Valet Sponsor — Sewell Automotive Companies
- Media Sponsors — PaperCity and My Sweet Charity
Tickets are available online or by calling 214.520.3930.