Dallas in the past two weeks has been going through a rough time. There have been:
- the death of an 18-year-old youngster in a house fire,
- two suicides of men who were respected within their community within one week,
- a baby’s death,,
- the death of a legendary leader of the community due to West Nile,
- the death of a journalistic icon, who reported the death of President John F. Kennedy
- a toddler’s death from heatstroke after being left in a day care van and
- a police shooting in South Dallas (sub. req.).
On the other hand, a couple was seen at Barnes & Noble over the weekend checking out the books on “weddings.” While browsing through a book on how to be the perfect bridegroom, the handsome bridegroom-to-be said to his bride-to-be, “I’m gonna be a washout at the wedding.” Her response: “You’re going to be wonderful as a husband.”
Please, rememberthere are people and organizations that can help if the stress of these tragic occurrences becomes too overwhelming.