Remember when you were preparing for summer camp and you got a note that was somewhere between a recommendation and a threat of what to bring (white sock, tennis shoes, T-shirts, etc.)? Well, consider this post to be like that note about tonight’s Chihuly Gala at the Dallas Arboretum. Organizers have suggested. . . never threatened . . . that the multitude of guests
- wear black, white or black-and-white clothing.
- leave the stilettos at home. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself either breaking those lovely heels or find walking the grounds a bit challenging.
- Word has it that there will be no tent, so since the festivities start before the sun goes down, sunscreen might be nifty under the makeup.
- On the black/white issue: There is nothing said in the missive about hair color, so one can only assume that you can continue to be blonde, platinum, brunette, gray or red-haired. Also, lipstick was not mentioned, so black and white lipstick is not required.
- Parking may be a bit of a challenge, so pack some patience.
- The noon weather report hints that Mother Nature is a bit put out about not being invited, so don’t be surprised if she threatens to crash. Seriously doubt she will, but still you just never know with the old girl.
Oh, and if you’re very, very smart, don’t bring up the word “Winfrey.” Not Oprah. Get the “point“? Touchy subject.