The Nasher Sculpture Center is already planning for the good old summer times using the ultimate fav four-letter word — FREE! If you’re new to the Nasher Sculpture Center world, you may not know about the ’til Midnight at the Nasher. It takes place on the third Friday of the month with a concert and movie out in the garden. Talk about enjoying the blessings of Mother Nature and Hollywood! Here is the program for
Friday, May 18
- Concert by Brasuka (Music of Brazil)
- Movie — “Rio”
Friday, June 15
- Concert by People on Vacation (Pop/punk and Indie/folk as part of the Arts District Block Party)
- Movie — “500 Days of Summer”
Friday, July 20
- Concert by Mon Julien (Indie rock)
- Movie — “The Artist”
FRIDAY, AUGUST 17
- Concert by Smile Smile (Modern blend of folk, pop and rock)
- Movie — “Midnight in Paris”
Don’t forget to pre-reserve your picnic baskets from Wolfgang Puck Catering. You really don’t want to have them reject you at the door for bringing in your own Kentucky Fried Chicken specials.
If you want to write thank-you notes, send them to the Nasher along with Texas Instruments Foundation and the Dallas Film Society and The Edge.
BTW, while you’re moseying into the garden to attend the concerts and movies, check out the current exhibitions like “Ernesto Neto Cuddle on the Tight Rope” and “Sights: Erick Swenson.”