That T. Boone Pickens really knows how to add sizzle to a celebration. On the eve of the Each Moment Matters luncheon Thursday at the Anatole honoring the 82-year old Pickens, he announced his gift of $18.4 million for a new $48.5 million hospice. The 116,000-square foot facility will be located in North Dallas and will be able to provide care for 36 patients.
But back to the luncheon benefiting Faith Presbyterian Hospice, Grace Presbyterian Village and Presbyterian Village North. Event Chair Elizabeth Gambrell (pictured) and Kay Lynn Brumbaugh are just a couple of seats away from the “We’re sold out” stage with more than 850 guests with reservation. Helping them accomplish this feat are:
Nominations Chair – Nell Carvell, Program Chair Cyndy Monie, committee members (Sharon Balch, Jennifer Clifford, Kathy Crow, Cathy Davis, Margie Francis, Nancy Gopez, Dawn Hall, Susie Hardie, Kimber Hartmann, Cyndy Hudgins, Anne Hughes, Debbie Johnson, Linda Laughlin, Joan Mason, Paula Miller, Cyndy Monie, Kelly Murrell, Jeff Rice and Marsha Williamson) and host committee (Veree and Bert Brown, Katherine and Key Coker, Lee and Jason Crowder, Juliette and Ross Coulter, Donna and Jordan Cowman, Jennifer and Richard Dix, Tammy and Jeff Duclow, Kimberly and T.A. Iadevaia, Lynn and Allan McBee, Stacey and Nicholas McCord, Angela and Doug Nash, Helen S. Nixon, Christina and Tim Norris, Joy and Rick Osborne, Megan and Don Saustad, Kristine and Charles Schwope, Alisa and Clay Sell, Cindy and David Stager, Julie and Rick Wallace and Sandra Watkins).
Thanks to the contributions of the following sponsors, this much-needed facility is closer to reality:
- Step of Joy ($25,000 and above) – T. Boone Pickens, The Boone Pickens Foundation– A Communities Foundation of Texas Fund
- Each Moment Matters Book Sponsor ($25,000) – Rey and Bob Barton
- Step of Peace ($10,000) – Margie and Ray Francis, Freddie and Don Hodges and Susan and Bill Montgomery
- Step of Patience ($5,000) – Guardian EMS, Susie and T. Hardie III, Betsy Sowell and Harriet and Warren Stephens of Stephens Inc.
- Program Sponsor ($5,000) – Baylor Health Care System
- Decorations Sponsor ($5,000) – Texas Health Resources
- Step of Kindness ($2,500) – Deedy Bennett, Blanche Mary Taxis Foundation, Kay Lynn and Forrest Brumbaugh, Betty and Judge B.F. Coker, Sara Fraser Crismon, Nancy and Tom Drake, Lil G. Foard, Rebecca and Ron Gafford, Elizabeth and Eric Gambrell, Greenberg Traurig LLP, Sally and Forrest Hoglund, Sinda and Tom Hicks, Joan and Elvis Mason Family Trust, Megan and Andy Meyercord, Pi Architects, Barbara and Warren Rutherford, Martha Ann Schneider, Carol and Lynn Vincent and West Texas State University
- Step of Goodness ($1,000) – Andrews Kurth LLP, Anonymous, Bank of Texas NA, Janice and Ed Barger, Billy and Beans Bates, Susan and Michael Boulden, Melissa Brown and Merlin Bise, Bonni and Jack Brophy, Nell and Jim Carvell, Center for BrainHealth, Community Partners of Dallas, Cathy and William W. Davis, Christa and Godwin Dixon, Robert D. Eggemeyer, Stephanie Haley, Anna and Fred Harrison/Alayne Sprague, Kimber and Michael Hartmann/Christine and and Bob McKenny, Ernie Higginbotham, Cyndy and Dr. Robert W. Hudgins, Jane and Bob Ingebritson, Junior League of Dallas, Kane Russell Coleman & Logan PC, Dr. Patsy K. and A. Richard Keyser, Jeryn and Jay Laengrich, Lonestar Pharmacy, Joan and Elvis L. Mason, Ellen and Conrad Masterson, Methodist Health System Foundation, Judiann and Mark Meyer, Cyndy and Rev. Blair Monie, Helen S. Nixon, Linda and David C. Oliver, Karen and Bob Orr, Joy and Rick Osborne, Cindy and Howard Rachofsky, Jean and Andy Raub, Carolyn and John Reding, Mr. and Mrs. Edward W. Rose, Ann Simmons, Don Tidwell, TXU Energy, Carrigan-Paul-Ferguson Group at UBS, United Health Care Services Inc., US Foodservice, Sandra Watkins and Stacey and Michael Wright